Sunday, May 3, 2009

I got my hair, I got my head, I got my brains , I got my ears...

The 2009 revival of Hair will be hitting the road for the 2010 and 2011 season. That's right a national tour is in the works.
This revival of Hair on Broadway all started with a three night run in September 2007, at Joe's Pub and a concert version of the show for the 40th anniversary production of Hair in Central Park. It was such a success that the Public Theater decided to presented a fully-staged production at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park in the summer of 2008. The run was designed to be a limited run but with great reviews and with great demand the run was extended. Shortly after that run was over it was announced that the show would return to Broadway for a full-revival at the the Al Hirschfeld Theatre, with an official opening on March 31, 2009. They revival has been selling out even since it started previews and so a national tour makes sense as the next step for this "American Tribal Love-Rock Musical" . No word or where the first stop will be, but I am sure more news is on it's way.
"I got my hair, I got my head, I got my brains , I got my ears..."-lyrics from the song Hair from show by same title

No comments:

Post a Comment