Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Lady of the Lake will make him a man!

Go See Spamalot, It's the best show in town!!!
I just got back from the standby line and opening nite of Spamalot at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles (I love free tickets). The cast was great; headed by the best King Arthur ever John O'Hurley. Also Merle Dandridge was a great Lady of the Lake (her voice is amazing). The set, sound, music, made me feel like I was on Broadway and not in LA anymore.

It was my 2nd time seeing Spamalot and I must say it was even better then the first time!!! First of all it is longer and makes more sense then the Las Vegas production. WOW, I was left breathless at the end of the performance when Eric Idle came on stage to a standing ovation from the crowd. Mr. Idle told a story about how Spamalot came to be. He said he was at a performance of A Little Night Music at the Ahmanson Theatre in LA and that he turned to John Pu Prez and said one day Spamalot will be playing here.

Spamalot runs until September 6th so hurry! Special Thanks for Katy, Katelyn, Audrey, and Sasha who stood with me in line for two hours (it was so worth it)!!!
"The Lady of the Lake will make him a man"-lyrics from the song "Laker Girls Cheer" from Spamalot.

No comments:

Post a Comment