Hello and welcome!
My name is Krystal and I made this blog to share upcoming news and fun trivia about the theatre world. This is a West Coast perspective on theatre since that is where I reside. My goal is to see as many shows as I can on my limited budget and share my experience with you all here.
I must give credit you my theatre Buddie Allyson! This blog was her idea and I am just the one bringing it to life. It all started last night. The two of us (along side our friends Rose, Courtney, and Pam), attended a 8pm showing of Minsky's at the Ahmanson theatre in LA. At the end of the show Allyson asked me if I liked the show. I said "I liked it" with which she responded "You didn't like it". I corrected her and said that did enjoy it but it was hard to say that I did because I wanted to Love it. A couple of minutes later when we meet up with Courtney and Pam, Allyson proceed to tell them that I did not like the show. I then said " I liked it but I didn't LOVE it". Allyson then told me that I should start a theatre blog with that as my title (If I was going to be so critical). I thought it was a funny idea at first but then I started thinking... I really would enjoy writing my own blog about the very thing that I am soooo passionate about. So I couldn't shake the idea and on a whim here I am.
So this blog is here as a way for me to speak to my fellow theatre friends and with that said there are some things I would like to make clear:
1) I am not an expert on theatre what so ever. I am just a BIG FAN.
2) This a BLOG; it is not a news outlet. So please do not take things as Fact. (though my posts will be fact driven and I will make sure to correct myself if I am wrong)
3) I am not a writer so I will Misspell, have grammar mistakes etc. (get over it)
4) Also I invite feedback and guest bloggers!
5) I plan to start each BLOG with a musical song lyric or a line from a play (this entry's title is from RENT; Tune Up 1, by Jonathan Larson)
So wish me luck and keep coming back for more!