Thursday, February 12, 2009

Goodbye Love


Yes, RENT closed on Broadway this past fall 2008 but the story still lives on. Sony Pictures has just released RENT Filmed Live on DVD and Blu-ray. This DVD features not only the full stage production on film but tons of extras such as the Wall (which I signed), the last lottery, final days of RENT, and much more. The final cast is amazing and most of them were the cast that I saw when I saw it on Broadway this past May. The stand out performers that I loved were: Adam Kantor as Mark Cohan, Renee Elise Goldsberry as Mimi Marquez, Eden Espinosa as Maureen Johnson, and Tracie Thoms as Joanne Jefferson. It is a must buy for any renthead!

Also do not forget that RENT is currently on a U.S. national tour with original cast members Adam Pascal and Anothony Rapp. I will have much more on the tour after I see their stop at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles which starts on February 26th and runs until March 8th.

"Goodbye Love"- song title from RENT

No comments:

Post a Comment