Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Luck be a lady tonight

Sooooo, Let me tell you about something I heard. I have been told that every year the last dress rehearsal for the musical in concert of that year (this year Guys and Dolls) is open to the public. The Final Dress Rehearsal, starts at 10:00 am, but people start claiming spots as early as 8:00 am. I myself have never been, so this year will be my first year that I will be attending the "open" rehearsal. I did do some investigating to make sure that this annual tradition is fact and not fiction. The Hollywood Bowl Website says "On some mornings, rehearsals at the Bowl are open to the public. Call 323.850.2000 for the latest information." I also found someone who has attended these open rehearsal and wrote about how it works. Click Here to read their entry. As I find out more information, I will let you know. If anyone has gone to one of these "open" rehearsals please us all know all the details by commenting below.
"Luck be a lady tonight "-song from Guys and Dolls

2 comments:

  1. I have attended several of these dress rehearsals and yes, they are free and open to the public. It gets very sunny so do wear a hat (but don't bring an umbrella and block my view, please!). The show is run straight through in costume, all you lose out on is the lighting. I saw "Mame", "Camelot" and "South Pacific" this way and it's a good gathering of devoted theatre folk and friends. There really is no need to get there at 8AM, though. 9:30 or 9:45 will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds totally AWESOME!! What date is this rehearsal?

    ReplyDelete