Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I got the horse right here, The name is Paul Revere

So here are my picks* for some of the categories for the 2009 American Theatre Wing’s Tony Awards®.

Best Play:
Reasons to Be Pretty
Best Musical:
Next to Normal (But I know Billy Elliot will win)
Best Book of a Musical:
[Title of Show]Hunter Bell
Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre:
9 to 5: The Musical :Music & Lyrics: Dolly Parton
Best Revival of a Play:
The Norman Conquests
Best Revival of a Musical:
Hair
Best Special Theatrical Event:Liza’s at The Palace
Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play:
Raúl Esparza, Speed-the-Plow
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play:Hope Davis, God of Carnage
Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical: Gavin Creel, Hair
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical:Sutton Foster, Shrek The Musical
Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical: Will Swenson, Hair
Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical:
Karen Olivo, West Side Story
My pick for the Dark House in the race this year who can come out of nowhere to win big is
Rock of Ages.

Here are clips of some of my picks from VISA presents 2009 Tony Awards Nominations Concert (So Cal peeps this concert will air on CBS this Saturday at 11am):
Next to Normal


Hair


Sutton Foster: Sherk

*I have yet to see any of the performances live on broadway. I base my picks of actors/producers/directors past works, video's of the performances, other reviews, and much more.

"I got the horse right here, The name is Paul Revere"-lyrics from song Fugue for the Tinhorns from Guys and Dolls

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about your prediction for HAIR getting best revival and Creel/Swenson getting best leading actor/supporting actor. I will cry if they don't win. They were amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete