Monday, August 3, 2009

If I were a Bell

I loved Guys and Dolls in concert at the Hollywood Bowl! It captured the spirit of the beloved movie which stared Frank Sinatra as Nathan Detroit and Marlon Brando as Sky Masterson. The Bowl's cast played off each other and captivated the audience with every note they sang. I just want to give shout out to some of the the amazing cast members: Brian Stokes Mitchell (Sky Masterson), Jessica Biel (Sarah Brown) Scott Bakula (Nathan Detroit), Ellen Greene (Miss Adelaide) Ken Page (Nicely-Nicely), Ruth Williamson (Gen. Mathilde Cartwright), Herschel Sparber (Big Jule), Jason Graae (Benny Southstreet), Danny Stiles (Rusty Charlie), and Bill Lewis (Harry the Horse). I also must say that Brian Stokes Mitchell won over my heart with his performance of Sky Masterson. His delivery of sky's famous one liners was spot on.
I can not wait to see what the Bowl puts on next year. I vote Company or a salute to Stephen Sondheim since it is his 80th birthday year. Below are a few photos I took from Friday Night's Show! FOR MORE PHOTO'S CLICK HERE TO SEE PLAYBILL.COM'S PHOTO ALBUM.
"If I were a Bell"-song from Guys and Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment