Monday, November 2, 2009

But it’s the starting point of our musical

Music Mondays: Song's of firsts.
So to day was my 1st day at a new job and I feel a bit like Ugly Betty. Let me explain I have been in the same position for over two years now and just got a promotion. I work for the same company but I have a new title and working in a new department. Ugly Betty in the current season has moved on from working as an assistant for Daniel Mead at MODE and is now an editor for the magazine. So both taken the next step in our careers. So, since I feel like it's my 1st day of school all over again I decided that my play list this week features all kinds of songs about 1st: 1st loves, 1st experiences, etc. (I think Betty would like all of my choices)

1: Put One Foot In Front Of The Other from Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town: Kris aka Mr. Claus uses this song to teach the Winter Warlock how to walk for the 1st time. If you have not seen this movie it is a holiday must!
2: I Believe from Spring Awakening: This song is sung by the chorus during the love scene in the play. It it when Wendla and Melchior 1st express their love for one another.
3: I Wanna Be a Producer from The Producers: This song is sung by the Leo and the accountants. It is the song when Leo stops wishing to be a Producer and decides to put himself 1st and become a Producer and joins Max.
4: I've Grown Accustom To Her Face from My Fair Lady: In this song Higgins 1st realizes that he loves Eliza. It is that moment when a character that you can not stand shows his venerability and becomes human.
5. Early Years Medley from Jersey Boys: This medley sets up the story and introduces the Four Seasons and how they 1st came to be a group. It includes the following songs: Silhouettes, You're the Apple of My Eye, I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Earth Angel, Sunday Kind of Love, My Mother's Eyes, (Who Wears) Short Shorts, and I'm in the Mood for Love/Moody's Mood for Love.
Honorable Mention:Opening Number from Title of Show: The reason I picked this song is because it announces itself as the 1st song of the show in the lyrics which is never done.
"But it’s the starting point of our musical"-lyrics from Untitled Opening Number -Title of Show

No comments:

Post a Comment