Monday, November 23, 2009

Totally F*ucked!

Spring Awakening!
This past Saturday I attended the matinee performance of Spring Awakening at the OCPAC. It was my 5th time seeing the show and it was just as good as my very 1st time. The touring cast does an amazing job at feed off the audience and each others energy to bring this musical to life. I did miss Kyle Riabko and Blake Bashoff who left the cast this past summer to do other projects. They had been my Mortiz and Melchior everytime I had seen the piece (Broadway, San Diego, twice in Los Angeles) so it was hard to see them replaced. By far the best current cast member is Sara Hunt who plays Martha. Her voice stands out above the rest of the cast. Congrats to Lucas Wells who went on for Melchior twice last week. The photo above is Lucas with former Spring Awakening Broadway alumni Jenna Ushkowitz and Skylar Astin.

They did add new lyrics during Whispering sung by Melchior. I thought that the new lyrics added so much to the piece and made Melchior more human. My top three favorite scenes are: 1) I Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind I love when Mortiz rocks out his inner rage. 2) Totally F*ucked becuase I have to force myself to not stand up and dance along. 3) Purple Summer when the music stops and the cast harmonizes. It takes my breath away every time.

There is still one more week for you to see this Tony Award winning show. It is a must watch! I mean it do not miss this chance to let out your inner teenage angst. Click Here to get Discount tickets or if you are a studnet then show up 1 hour before show time and ask for student tickets at a speical discounted rate.
"Totally F*ucked"-song from Spring Awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment