Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Riverbottom Nightmare Band

DVD of the Month: Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas.
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas was a children's storybook by Russell Hoban written in 1971. In 1977 it was adapted into a television special by Jim Henson with songs by Paul Williams for HBO. The original TV special was hosted by Kermit the Frog but later it the film was edited taking out the frog's narration due to legal issues. The special later aired on ABC in 1980 and on Nickelodeon throughout the 1990s. Finding a copy of the TV special was hard to find until 2005, when it was re-released on DVD with Never-Before-Seen Footage and a behind the scenes documentary.

Songs include:
"The Bathing Suit That Grandma Otter Wore"
"There Ain't No Hole in the Washtub"
"When the River Meets the Sea"
"Bar-B-Que"
"Our World"
"Brothers"
"Riverbottom Nightmare Band"


It is a family tradition at my house to watch Emmet Otter Jug-Band Christmas to kick off the holiday season. You can bet that we will be watching it this year on Thanksgiving Day. My brother Chris and I quote this movie year round. Some of my favorite lines are "Im not Hungry I'm Hunnnnnngggrrrrrrry", "Don't just stand there you got work to do", "If they didn't want these things to roll they shouldn't have made them round", and last but not least "half of fifty cents, half of fify cents". I have even forced most of my friends to watch the film as well, so don't make me make you. lol
I love this movie I hope you buy it off of amazon and fall in love with it too.
"Riverbottom Nightmare Band"-song from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment